Federation CJA’s Generations Fund CAPS Program is designed to provide access to our Jewish Day Schools. By capping annual tuition from Kindergarten through grade 6 and Secondary I through V, the program gives more Jewish children the opportunity to take advantage of a high standard of educational excellence, as well as a strong Judaic-based curriculum while providing parents with long term reassurance that Jewish day school affordability is here to stay.
The CAPS Program has issued over 5,000 CAPS grants to date.
Tuition CAPS are determined based on household income and number of children enrolled in participating Jewish day schools. Determining your eligibility is easy, completely confidential and produces instant preliminary results. Fill out the anonymous calculator!
If your child is attending a participating Jewish school, then your family may be eligible for a Tuition CAPS. You must fill out the eligibility calculator to find out if you qualify.
- The Eligibility Calculator is completely anonymous and will indicate immediately whether you may be eligible for the CAPS program and the preliminary amount of your Tuition CAPS.
- If you have more than one child who is in Jewish school, you can apply for each child.
- If the Eligibility Calculator says you may be eligible for the CAPS program, you will be prompted to complete the online Application Form.
The Application Form
After submitting the Application Form, you will be notified immediately the estimated Tuition CAPS and eligibility for the program. *This decision is based on: 1) The information provided in your Application Form, 2) Financial documentation and 3) Child's enrollment at a qualifying Jewish day school.
You will be asked to provide your financial documents via secure upload. You may also be asked to provide other supporting documents that attest to your financial situation. We highly recommend that eligible families file their income taxes early.
- In order to confirm your eligibility, both parents 2021 Notice of Assessment from Revenu Quebec must be submitted by June 27th.
- Your subsidy will be confirmed by email after you have submitted verifying income statements and once your child’s registration has been confirmed by the participating Jewish day school of your choice.
- Your child’s school will invoice you accordingly.
You must re-apply each year to maintain your eligibility and provide the required documents
How do I apply for the Generations Fund CAPS Program?
STEP 1: Fill out the CAPS anonymous calculator to find out if you qualify.
STEP 2: Log-in to your account.
If you received a Tuition CAPS last year, you can log in using the same username and password as last year. You must update your profile information prior to filling out the application. If you are new to the program, you will need to create an account and a profile before you can submit an application.
STEP 3: Complete an application form and receive instant preliminary results. Please note you may only submit one application per program per account.
STEP 4: Submit your Notice of Assessment from Revenu Quebec before June 27th.
STEP 5: Receive confirmation of acceptance into the CAPS program.